& the Second Reflection

My writing is always improving.  Constantly I create a piece of writing that amazes myself, and this last piece is no exception.  I improved on a lot of things in the last article for the magazine, and these things all really made it more interesting and relevant.

The biggest things I improved on was various grammar and word choice tips such as rarely use "ing"verbs, as it takes away from the impact being a passive verb, and rarely using sledgehammer words such as really and extremely, because using them frequently loses their strength.  I also improved on all encompassing article formatting tricks such as the loop method where you start out now in the timeline, then go back in time to the beginning of the articles subject and come foreward in time from there, ending in the future.  I also learned to always have a strong intro and conclusion in order to have a fact heavy but not so interesting center.
I think I need to improve on research, at least with this article.  There was a fact that I left out of this that could have given it more evidence, but because I didn;t research it enough, I didn't have it refined enough to use in the article.  The only real way I think I could improve that is by spending more time on it, or try to refine my searches more in google.
I think that I have learned a lot about writing during this project, and it has really shined a light of knowledge onto me, in a sense enlightening me to an amazing technique to always have your article be interesting and never be really weak.

0 comments: